When reaching the airport, avoid taxi drivers that are not carrying your name and the name of the hotel on their boards. They usually charge the client directly claiming that the same can get the refund directly at the hotel reception. The transfer service organized by our concierge is highly reliable and transparent.
- If going to Holbox island, we advise you to book a private transportation directly with the hotel. Public transportation can be sometime not safe.
- We suggest you to withdraw money from a bank ATM as you will get the exact current exchange rate. Stores will normally apply you an unfavorable conversion rate.
- If you love snorkeling, you may get your own gear and bring it with you on vacation, or else rent them through our concierge desk. At many locations it is possible to snorkel right off the beach, saving tour fees.
- Not all prices are fixed. We suggest you to bargain, especially on handcraft. Usually, you’ll get away with substantial savings.
- We advise you to purchase water shoes and biodegradable sunscreen before your trip. It is normally cheaper to buy then on site.
- Bring a pen along. It will be needed in order to fill out the Immigration and custom forms on the plane.
- Should any medication be needed take your prescription from your doctor.
- American Express is not widely accepted, although some commerce do take it. Visa and Mastercard, at the contrary are widely accepted and can be used at the majority of the ATM’s.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses we advise you to carry your most recent eye examination prescription.
- Use your hotel room safe, carrying the relevant key with you at all times. Don’t just hide it in the room. At times we have been obliged to force the lock since the key was lost.
- Download an application for geo-localization of your phone. Should the same get lost, you can still track it down.
- Call your cell phone provider to find out roaming rates when in Mexico. The use of the calling cards is almost impossible if you do not speak fluent Spanish. Take advantage of our high speed WIFI connections. Very useful also for whatsapp and viber calls.
- Email the hotel ahead of time for requests like (bed type, restaurant reservations, room wing location etc). If we have availability, we’ll accommodate you & you’ll be a step ahead of others.
- Putting something colored on the outside of your luggage will help recognizing it on the conveyor belt.
Taking photographs or videos of customs and immigration area is strictly forbidden.